Thursday, November 5, 2009

A New President Chosen

Fellow Denisonians,

As some of you may have already heard, I have been elected to serve as the President of the Denison Campus Governance Association. After a long and arduous campaign against three of the most qualified members of my class, the student body selected me to lead them through the year 2010. I would like to use this time to thank all of those who helped me out in all ways. Whether it was talking to a friend about the elections, operating an elections table, asking me questions about my platform, giving me suggestions about my platform, posting posters, or just simply voting, I would certainly not have this opportunity without your assistance.

On the table are a great variety of issues: dining, diversity, communication, policy, identity, resources, and more. To tackle these issues effectively, I will need passionate and dedicated students to participate in the student Senate as well as in committees that address these issues. I have said that I would not have come this far without you; I must also say that, without continued support, I will not be able to go as far as I would like to go.

So run for Senate. Not only will you develop your leadership abilities, but you will make real change on campus. Your food will taste better with you knowing that you helped improve the quality of the food. Your classes will be more fulfilling with you knowing that you helped restructure the general education package. Your residence halls will feel more like home with you knowing that you helped develop its designation and policies. This year, Senate will be an organization that reinvents Denison student life.

However, if Senate isn't for you, still be sure to let your voice be heard. Sign up for the DCGA Updates List to stay informed. Check this blog regularly. Let me or your other representatives know what you think the biggest issues facing our campus today are. This year will be huge for the students, and it will be even bigger with you a part of it.

See you at Senate,

Your Representative,

Eric "Harry" Brisson
DCGA President-Elect

1 comment:

  1. Harry, I was pointed to this site and just heard about your landslide victory for DCGA president. Nice work, I can't think of anyone more qualified, level headed, or dedicated to lead than you. Good luck!

    Cheers,

    Joe Boreman

    ReplyDelete