Friday, October 30, 2009

Redefining Trustee-Student Relations

Fellow Denisonians,

Sparked by a recent Denisonian article, I sent an e-mail to friend and newly elected Recent Student Trustee Romero Huffstead asking for ideas about interactions between the student body and the Board of Trustees. Just today he responded sharing my desire to forge a strong and meaningful relationship between the DCGA student government and the Board of Trustees.

Recent Student Trustee Romero Huffstead, '09

Currently, there are monthly telephone conversations in which the DCGA President and the Recent Student Trustee update each other on the business of their respective group and share ideas for upcoming campus projects. Trustee Huffstead also stated plans of expanding this conversation to include more representatives of the DCGA, which is a plan that I support. Further, I would like to publicize the content of those conversations to incorporate the student body at large into the discussions.

I would likely use this blog to publicize talking points of the conversations, though I would also happily speak with members of the Denisonian news staff, the WDUB news staff, and the Bullsheet. Theoretically, conversations between the DCGA President and the Recent Student Trustee take the place of conversations between the Denison student body and the Board of Trustees; with strong publicity, I know I could well represent my side of the table.

Your Representative,

Eric "Harry" Brisson
DCGA Senator, Class of 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment